New Vehicle Warranty
1. What is covered by this warranty?
Mazda warrants that your new Mazda Vehicle, purchased on or after 1st August 2018, is free from any defect in material and workmanship, subject to the following terms and conditions.
To honour this Warranty, Mazda will ensure that an Authorised Mazda Dealer will make necessary repairs (using new or remanufactured parts) to correct any defect covered by this Warranty, without charge to you. Mazda’s liability under this Warranty is limited to ensuring that any such repairs are made.
2. Who gives this warranty?
Mazda Australia Pty Ltd
385 Ferntree Gully Road
MOUNT WAVERLEY VIC 3149
Telephone: 1800 034 411
3. What is the warranty period?
This Warranty applies to any defect in your Mazda Vehicle which appears within the period:
(a) commencing on the earlier date of the Mazda Vehicle first being registered or sold at retail; and
(i) 60 months after commencement; or
(ii) for defects in the form of perforation (rust through) of body sheet metal panels, 72 months after commencement.
4. Warranty application
During the Warranty Period, this Warranty is transferable to subsequent owners of the Mazda Vehicle, as identified on the relevant statutory register recording ownership of the Mazda Vehicle.
5. How to claim under this warranty
To make a claim under this Warranty, you must take the following steps:
Step 1 – Contact the Authorised Mazda Dealer from which you purchased your Mazda Vehicle.
Step 2 – If step 1 is not reasonably practicable, contact your closest Authorised Mazda Dealer.
Step 3 – If you feel that you still need assistance after taking STEP 1 or STEP 2, please contact Mazda using the details in clause 2.
Step 4 – Take your Mazda Vehicle to the Authorised Mazda Dealer. You will need to provide the following information at the time of making the claim:
(a) Your name, address and telephone number.
(b) Evidence including receipts of all work, scheduled maintenance and service work performed on your Mazda Vehicle by persons other than an Authorised Mazda Dealer.
(c) The nature of your claim and all material details related to your claim.
The addresses of all Authorised Mazda Dealers are available at: mazda.com.au/dealer
6. Limitation of liability and remedy
This Warranty is given in lieu of all other express warranties (except those set out separately in this document) on the part of Mazda or the Authorised Mazda Dealer supplying the Mazda Vehicle. No Authorised Mazda Dealer, or any agent or employee thereof, is authorised to extend or enlarge this Warranty.
This Warranty does not affect any statutory rights of persons purchasing a Mazda Vehicle and is additional to those rights.
7. Responsibilities of the policy holder
You are responsible for properly operating and maintaining your Mazda Vehicle in accordance with the instructions described in the Owner’s Manual. You should retain evidence that proper maintenance has been performed for Warranty protection.
If you do not do these things, you may void this Warranty.
These maintenance services, described in the Owner’s manual, should be performed at more frequent intervals if the Mazda Vehicle is subject to severe conditions such as operation in extremely dusty or low temperature areas, or on short runs which prevent the engine from reaching normal operating temperatures.
These maintenance services must be performed by an expert repairer. We recommend an Authorised Mazda Dealer. If you do not use an Authorised Mazda Dealer, you must retain the evidence referred to in clause 5(b).
8. What is not covered by this warranty?
8.1 Damage or corrosion due to misuse, accidents or alterations
- Misuse of the Mazda Vehicle, including driving over curbs, over-loading, racing. (Proper usage is described in the Owner’s Manual.)
- Use of the Mazda Vehicle in competition racing or related purposes.
- Accidents, including collision, fire, theft and riot.
- Where the Mazda Vehicle has been declared by an insurance company as a “total loss” (ie: ‘written off’).
- Alterations including modification and tampering.
- Repairs performed or replacement parts installed by any person other than an Authorised Mazda Dealer.
- A replacement part or accessory not conforming to Mazda’s specification.
8.2 Damage or surface corrosion from environment
Caused by environmental conditions including acid rain, airborne fallout (including chemicals, tree sap, etc), stones, salt, sand, road hazards, hail, wind, storm, lightning, floods, acts of God or bird droppings.
8.3 Damage due to lack of maintenance or the use of wrong fuel, oil or lubricants
- Lack of proper maintenance as described in the Owner’s Manual.
- Improper maintenance, such as the use of parts, accessories, fuel, oil or lubricants other than those recommended in the Owner’s Manual.
- Use of the Mazda Vehicle when it was apparent, or would have been apparent to a reasonable user of the Mazda Vehicle, that the Mazda Vehicle required service.
8.4 Normal deterioration
Normal wear, tear or deterioration including discoloration, fading, deformation and blurring.
Surface corrosion on any part other than the body sheet metal panels forming the exterior appearance of the Mazda Vehicle.
8.5 Maintenance costs
Normal maintenance services such as cleaning and polishing, lubrication, replenishment or replacement of oil, fluid, coolant, and replacement of worn wiper blades, fuses, filters, brake pads, brake and clutch linings, spark plugs, globes, drive belt(s), clutch disc, glass, trim, headlights, battery, tyres, wheel alignment and balance, related adjustments and the like.
Maintenance services described as “MAINTENANCE” or “APPEARANCE CARE” in the Owner’s Manual.
8.6 Altered mileage
Any repair of a Mazda Vehicle on which the odometer has been altered or on which the actual mileage cannot be readily determined.
8.7 Expenses and damages
- Expenses associated with making a claim under this warranty, including towing expenses, for which you are responsible.
- Any other expenses incurred by you or damages sustained by you, including incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, or economic loss (including, without limitation, payment for loss of use of the Mazda Vehicle, lodging, car rentals, travel costs, loss of pay and the like), but you may have other entitlements under the Australian Consumer Law.
8.8 Component covered by separate warranties
Tyres – Tyres installed as original equipment on Mazda Vehicles are warranted by their respective tyre manufacturers and not warranted by Mazda. If defects are found in tyres, you can contact your Authorised Mazda Dealer and they will help you to make a claim.
- “Authorised Mazda Dealer” means a person/company authorised by Mazda to sell Mazda Vehicles and provide service for such Vehicles.
- “Mazda” means Mazda Australia Pty Limited ABN 78 004 690 804.
- “Mazda Vehicle” means a motor vehicle distributed in Australia by Mazda and used in Australia.
- “Genuine Mazda Accessory” means an accessory or optional equipment dedicated by Mazda to be used for a Mazda Vehicle.
- “Genuine Mazda Part” means a spare part dedicated by Mazda to be used for a Mazda Vehicle.
Australian Consumer Law – Warranty against defects
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.
- You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- This Warranty gives benefits that are in addition to other rights and remedies under a law in relation to the goods to which this Warranty relates.