1. Essendon Mazda is an organistion that is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles is available for your perusal at our premises or you may obtain a copy from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
2. Essendon Mazda collects and holds the following types of personal information: names and addresses of customers, email addresses, dates of birth, telephone and mobile numbers, drivers license details, bank account details, credit card details, photographs.
3. Essendon Mazda collects personal information directly from individuals or from list purchases, publically available sources of information, or referrals from individuals or other entities.
4. Personal information held by Essendon Mazda is stored onsite on the company’s own servers.
5. Your personal information may be used or disclosed in order to verify your identity, provide our services, administer and manage our services including charging, billing and collecting debts, marketing our products and services, provide information to our finance and insurance providers, provide you with warranty information.
6. Occasionally, Essendon Mazda contracts out services to a third party that carries out work that cannot be performed by Essendon Mazda at our premises. Personal information that might be given to these companies includes: names and contact details for the purpose of mailing services, billing and debt recovery, market research etc.
7. Essendon Mazda may disclose your personal information to some overseas recipients such as Mazda Motor Corporation head office in Japan. Personal information that might be given to such companies include: names and contact details etc.
8. You have a right to access personal information held about you subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access the personal information that Essendon Mazda holds about you, please contact Bill Harvey at email@example.com or phone (03) 9374 2222.
9. Essendon Mazda takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. Please contact Bill Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9374 2222 to let us know if there are any errors in your personal information or if you need to update personal information such as your contact details.
10. If you would like to make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, you should first contact Bill Harvey at email@example.com or phone (03) 9374 2222. You may be asked to put your complaint in writing and your complaint will be dealt with within 30 days. If you have any concerns about the way your complaint is being handled, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us-page by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 1300 363 992.
11. If you would like further information about the way Essendon Mazda manages personal information then please contact Bill Harvey at email@example.com or phone (03) 9374 2222.